- Floadia Top page
- LEE Flash G2, Flash beyond Flash
LEE Flash G2, Flash beyond Flash
LEE Flash G2 (G2) is an innovative Flash IP offering unique features that no other Flash IP could offer.
It is based on LEE Flash G1, which consists of simple SONOS memory cell, sandwiched by switch transistors on the side.
While maintaining the additional cost at minimum, it requires no high voltage for read operation, no isolation area in-between Memory cells and logic circuits, therefore super low power and easy to layout.
G2’s very special VDD operation architecture enables seamless connection of G2 Flash cell to standard logic circuit. Chip designer now can use non-volatize logic circuit, such as SRAM and open up new possibilities for innovation.
It is cost effective Flash solution for larger memory capacity requirement up to several Mega Bytes.
It also allows user to use standard CMOS process platform as is, utilizing existing PDK and Spice model because the implementation of G2 into the platform does not change any characteristics and geometries of it.
- Direct connection with logic circuit, to non-volatilize existing volatile logic circuits.
- No high voltage for Read operation, eliminating isolation to increase flexibility in layout.
- Supports high temperature and long retention life time for severe automotive requirement.
- Low power in Program/Erase operation for power critical applications.
- Short Test and Bake time to reduce chip cost.
- Requires fewest (4~5) additional masks.
- No change to SPICE model of Standard CMOS process, for re-using legacy design and IP.
High Speed by VDD operation
Read circuit composed by core transistors realizes high speed access characteristic.
Large Memory Capacity
Small cell and peripheral circuit composed by core transistors make the IP small size and large memory capacity.
High Temperature Operation
SONOS is the device which enables memory functionality trapping electrons in Silicon Nitride film, and the retention life is controlled by optimization of thickness and film properties of oxide and/or Silicon Nitride films.G2 satisfactory supports operation temperature up to 125°C and 20years of data retention life at 125°C.
Large Programming Size enables Short Testing Time
Short Test Time: G2 achieves very short test time for two reasons.
- Extremely low power in program/erase allows tester to program/erase the whole memory mat at once, compare to conventional solution program/erase smaller sections for many many times to program/erase the whole memory mat.
- Sharp Vt distribution in programming will eliminate the requirement for multiple programming and verification, so that programming operation always completes at one time, not in multiple steps, to dramatically reduce programming time.
Short Baking Time
Floadia’s unique memory architecture simplifies Life Time Prediction of the memory cell, which allows chip company to screen devices with shorter baking time.
4-5 Mask adder
G2 requires only 4 to 5 additional masks on standard CMOS process, reducing expensive mask cost to implement NVM feature on your chip. Conventional solution will usually take around 10+ additional masks and uses special manufacturing process
Re-use of existing IP asset
Unlike normal Flash IPs, our Flash IP does not affect SPICE model of the logic transistors, which means you can utilize existing IPs and assets that has been developed, and will eliminate additional IP investment specific for Flash ICs
|LEE Flash G2|
|Data retention||10 years@125°C|
|Program / Erase method||FN tunneling / FN tunneling|
|P / E time||~2msec / ~10msec|
|P / E unit (Bytes)||512B / 2kB||1kB / 4kB|
|P / E current||≦2mA|
- Qualified at 90nm
- In development at 55nm